The Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development (IESD) with the support of Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility (CCSR) and the Centre for Enterprise and Innovation at De Montfort University (Leicester, UK) is organizing this conference.
Aim and objectives:
The aim of this conference is to understand how appropriate technologies and governance arrangements can support the achievement of the SDGs by 2030.
The main objectives are to:
- identify how the countries reap the benefits of innovation in technologies and governance arrangements to reach the SDG;
- map the sort of appropriate technologies, governance arrangements and practices would be required to deliver the SDGs;
- explore the priority areas for interventions and how such priorities vary across countries;
- learn best practices that are emerging in terms of technology and governance practices;
- facilitate a dialogue for cross-learning and co-creation.
- Solutions for the base of the pyramid population, including gender inequality solutions
- Solutions for sustainable communities and sustainable living (both urban and rural)
- Solutions for a low carbon pathway
- Sustainable enterprise and social innovation
- Researchers, students and academics working in the area
- Practitioners working on SDGs;
- Policy-makers, regulatory agencies, international development agencies, national agencies involved in implementing SDGs;
- Industries, association of organisations, professional bodies;